Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: ACI 117[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: Re: ACI 117
- From: GSKWY(--nospam--at)aol.com
- Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2005 12:31:49 EST
Well, actually I would say the document is not read because it is not readable. The current document (ACI 117-90) represents a rather low point in the world of engineering literature. The draft update is not much of an improvement.
And with respect to contractors and inspectors not knowing it existed, I am willing to bet at least 75% of the engineers busy punching loads and span lengths into their design programs have never seen it. Despite the fact it is referenced in the specifications for every concrete building they have designed.
I think it may get used more in heavy construction, i.e. the pumping station kind of construction.
- Prev by Subject: RE: ACI 117
- Next by Subject: Re: ACI 117
- Previous by thread: RE: ACI 117
- Next by thread: Re: ACI 117