Cable Tie Down for FRP Tanks

    I am checking the hold down of a Fiber Reinforced Plastic tank due to
wind and seismic.  Using free body diagrams I get twice the tension in the
cables as the original engineer did.  I know this method is used on a
regular basis but I have not been able to find the method explained.  If any
one has a book or other document with the  method explained and/or a worked
out example they could e-mail or fax to me it would be helpful.  The
calculation I am checking is mostly a spreadsheet with results and few
formulas.
   I am not sure everyone on the list is interested in this problem so my
fax number is (562) 908-4270 and my e-mail address is achance(--nospam--at)lacsd.org.

Thanks
Acie Chance

PS  I do not want to hear about bad spelling and grammar.