Re: ACI 117

In a message dated 2/8/2005 10:29:05 AM Eastern Standard Time, bill(--nospam--at)polhemus.cc writes:
P.S. That's not the first time you've used that term in reference to me,
Gail. As you don't really even know me, I'm at a loss as to why you are
so free with the word.
Here's a clue:

I don't know what your building code requires,  but your reference to ACI 301 is meaningless as far as the Owner's responsibility.  ACI 301 does not require the owner to do anything as far as concrete testing,  or anything else for that matter.  It is a document that specifies the contractor's obligations.

I've now lost track of who you are blaming for the fact there was no concrete testing (it couldn't possibly be you),  but this is the exact wording in ACI 301 with respect to testing:

1.6.4.2 Testing services—When required by the Owner or the Architect/Engineer, the Owner’s testing agency will perform the following testing services at no cost to the Contractor:

Gail Kelley