Re: ACI 117

Paul Feather wrote:

Bill,

I don't understand your comment on this one. I have had serious issues of my own with improper / inadequate inspection exactly as Gail is implying here. I agree with her comment and do not see how your reply correlates.

I was being sarcastic.

She appears to be "accusing" me of "incompetence" (to use her word) because I often find that no one here in our market wants to actually follow the drawings, the specs, the building code, and most certainly NOT the engineer's wishes.

I guess she got under my skin with her comments.

Sorry.

(N.B. "Inspection" here in the Houston area is for all intents and purposes a joke. It is so bad that I will have contractors tell me, when I point out something that is shown on the drawing but was not done accordingly, "I'm not going to worry about it. I know the inspector will pass it anyway."

And most of the time, they're right).