Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: foundation on rock[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: Re: foundation on rock
- From: Jnapd(--nospam--at)aol.com
- Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2005 20:37:30 EST
Are you reviewing this for DSA ?
Why is a mat being used ? Is this because of probable settlement issues when you have a cut/fill line crossing your project ? Is the mat designed for differential settlement ?
If this is the case, then extending all the foundation walls and footings to the bedrock in my opinion is probably better choice. Design a 4" slab over compacted fill or pea gravel to span between foundation walls.
Do you have to trench in rock for utilities ?
Is there a soils report ?
Johnson & Nielsen Associates
Palm Springs, CA
- Prev by Subject: Re: foundation on rock
- Next by Subject: Re: foundation on rock
- Previous by thread: RE: foundation on rock
- Next by thread: Re: foundation on rock