Engineers and Specifications

I would like to better understand why Structural Engineers are less than
excited regarding writing construction specifications.

Is it because:
--You have never been taught how to write specifications?
--This is something that Architects do?
--It does no good?
--You do not have the time?
--It is too hard?
--Why spend the time to learn when the next Architect has different rules?
--Specifications are written by the in-house specification writer?

I would appreciate it if you would share your reason either by posting in
on the web site or by e-mailing me direct at markkgilligan(--nospam--at)compuserve.com.

TIA

Mark Gilligan