Re: ACI 117

In a message dated 2/8/2005 6:21:25 PM Eastern Standard Time, bill(--nospam--at)polhemus.cc writes:
She appears to be "accusing" me of "incompetence" (to use her word) because I often find that no one here in our market wants to actually follow the drawings, the specs, the building code, and most certainly NOT the engineer's wishes.
Unless I completely lost track of the thread,  there was no discussion of "your market."  We were discussing concrete testing.

You said that because your specifications referenced ACI 301, the contractor was required to test the concrete.  Your words:   "I of course turned his attention to the reference to ACI 301"

I said the contractor was correct in calling you an idiot, or whatever he called you.  ACI 301 does not require either the Contractor or the Owner to test the concrete.  From this, I deduced you have either not read ACI 301 or you don't understand it.

You also said something about napkins and enforcement,  but since you didn't specify concrete testing,  whether or not it could be enforced is on the side of immateriality.

Gail Kelley