From: Will H [mailto:haynewp(--nospam--at)hotmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 09, 2005 9:12 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: CMU shearwalls

Under UBC (2107.1.7) there is a provision that the shear stress in cmu
shearwalls in seismic zones 3 and 4 had to be increased by a factor of 1.5,
(fv=1.5V/bjd). Does anyone know if there is an equivalent increase required
under IBC 2000 with ACI 530 for higher seismic design categories? I am
having trouble finding it.

Will Haynes, P.E.