Concrete Fibers

Why I'm wondering about this at 2200 hours on a Wednesday night is beyond me but here it is...

When placing/finishing concrete slabs that have concrete fibers distributed throughout, what's the technique to insure that the fibers do not reflect through the top surface? Earlier today, I saw a sidewalk panel where the top surface was "hairy" due to the amount of visible fibers.

Thanks,
Charlie Canitz, PE
Annapolis, MD