Re: ACI 117

Bill,
Pls clarify something for me.  In your previous posts,
I think you said there was no building code in Texas,
but some cities did have a building code.  Do the cities
write their own code(each different)or do they create a
common document or do they adopt some published comm-
ercial publication?  If you are working in more than one
city, do you have to access more than one code?
    I can't imagine it, probably because we in Ontario
seem to be over-regulated.  On one my jobs-the
conversion of an old house to a commercial use, yester-
day, two inspectors and a plan examiner came to discuss
fire protection issues.
Gary