Re: Concrete Fibers

Why I'm wondering about this at 2200 hours on a Wednesday night is beyond me but here it is...

When placing/finishing concrete slabs that have concrete fibers distributed throughout, what's the technique to insure that the fibers do not reflect through the top surface? Earlier today, I saw a sidewalk panel where the top surface was "hairy" due to the amount of visible fibers.

Thanks,
Charlie Canitz, PE
Annapolis, MD

I've seen guys with low temp torches (handheld propane jobs) burning off the stray fiber ends. Then a pushbroom cleans off any remains.

Jordan