Stairway Landing

For a stairway run to a second floor apartment, I have a 4'-0" wide stairway
and an intermediate landing.  I believe the length of landing should be
4'-0". Is this correct or can I get by with 3'-0".  I am using IBC.

Jim Hamilton
Hutchison Engineering, Inc
jhamilton(--nospam--at)hutchisoneng.com
Ph: (217) 245-7164