Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Diaphragm design[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Diaphragm design
- From: "Briceno, Cairo" <Cairo.Briceno(--nospam--at)hdrinc.com>
- Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 15:44:34 -0600
Title: Diaphragm design
Good morning fellow engineers,
I will like to have your opinions on the following subject:
Building condition: We have an unfactored collector force of 500 kips to be developed in a 30’ long concrete shear wall. The slab is a concrete fill on composite metal deck. The corresponding Ω factor is 2.5. We are using rebars dowels to transfer the forces from the slab into the wall.
We have the following question regarding diaphragm design. Shall the Ω factor be applied to the 500 kips for design the dowels? We will like to hear from our fellow engineers your opinions on the application of the Ω factor.
Thank You in advance
Cairo O. Briceño, SE, PE, ASCE and SEAOC
HDR ONE COMPANY | Many Solutions
- Prev by Subject: Re: Design of Laterally Loaded Piles
- Next by Subject: Re: Diaphragm design
- Previous by thread: Stairway Landing
- Next by thread: Re: Diaphragm design