airborne vehicles

I’m working on the design of an off-road vehicle river crossing (bridge) and am looking for information regarding speeds and inclinations when ATV and 4WD vehicles would go airborne.  I don’t want the roadway profile too steep on the bridge approach since it becomes flat across the bridge and I’m concerned with the vehicle going airborne at the transition. I need this to be as safe as one might expect in this type of sport.    Are there any charts or an equation relating the two (I’m sure weight comes into play also).  Any help I can get would be greatly appreciated.

Candi Anderson, P.E.

Mercado Consultants, Inc.

17830 New Hampshire Ave.  #200

Ashton, Md 20861

Office: 301-260-0090;  FAX: 301-260-0018