Re: Concrete Fibers

When you talk about the problems they create, have you seen situations where the fibers themselves caused the problems?  I have used fibers on a number of on-grade parking slabs, but never in a situation where I might not have been equally happy with a fiber-free, steel-free, unreinforced slab.  In those applications, the fiber has done just fine.  Have you found cases where the fibers made the slab worse than it otherwise would have been without the fiber, or just cases where folks used the fibers as an excuse to be more aggressive with jointing or other things that were beyond the ability of the fibers to help with?

Paul Crocker, PE, SE

>>> "Harold Sprague" <spraguehope(--nospam--at)hotmail.com> 02/15/05 08:37AM >>>
I have had to develop repairs to the problems that they create.  It is expensive.  Every time someone has used them, in spite of my objections, the slab cracks badly.