Re: Diaphragm design

Note: forwarded message attached.

http://mobile.yahoo.com/maildemo
--- Begin Message ---
can't see you transferring (500k x 2.5 / 30ft =) 41.7
k/ft of shear from your slab dowels into your
shearwall.  Would that be like #9 dowels @ 4"o.c.???
Have you told the contractor about this?

If that is really the case, 1) how are you getting
500k of shear along that line of resistance, and 2)
consider using steel braced frames.

Again, my two cents..

David Topete, SE
SF, CA