From: Acie Chance [mailto:achance(--nospam--at)lacsd.org]
Sent: Wednesday, February 16, 2005 1:33 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: 3000 psi concrete and special inspection

Ed,

   I have always considered the stemwall to be part of the foundation. This

has never been a problem for residential construction.  I design the entire

foundation for 2500 psi and do not specify special inspection for the

concrete on the drawings. I do not do many residential jobs but on those I

have done the city plan checkers and inspectors have not questioned it.  On

larger jobs I use 3000 psi concrete with special inspection for everything.

Acie Chance