RE: 3000 psi concrete and special inspection

I would basically agree with Acie.  I do a lot of remodels where the contractors chose to use the same width as the footing all the way to the sill (usually not very high) to simplify framing and minimize the number of pours.  A little more concrete, a little higher bearing pressure but it greatly speeds their work.  I usually don't design bearing pressures to a knat's behind anyway so I'm happy to accommodate as long as they let me know ahead of time and don't pour it before I've seen it.

So, if the object (what would have been a "footing" and a "stem" wall) is now one piece, it doesn't make sense to specify two different mixes.  They'd have me hauled off to the looney bin!  Now, what is the basic difference between separate footing and stem wall pours and a single pour as described above?

Regards,
Bill Cain, SE
Berkeley CA