RE: 3000 psi concrete and special inspection

Steve,

But would you really consider walkways and patios part of the "structure"?

Section 1921.2.1.1 states:

"Section 1921 contains special requirements for design and construction of
reinforced concrete members of a STRUCTURE for which the design..." (note
I added the emphasis)

I am no sure that I would consider a walkway or patio as part of the
structure.  Beyond that, I doubt there would be very many situations where
a patio slab or walkway slab would be "resisting earthquake-induced
forces" (i.e. part of the seismic lateral system).

So, I don't think that walkways or patio slabs would require 3000 psi
concrete (unless maybe they also act as a roof slab to a lower lever and
thus maybe also as a diaphram).

Regards,

Scott
Adrian, MI