Engineers and Lawyers

     I find it very sad that we have engineers trying to decide if a slab on
grade is a structural member or not and what section of the code they should
use to design it.  We have been turned into jail house lawyers instead of
engineers.  I was under the impression engineers used there experience and
education to make decisions on how to build structures.  Looking for
clarification between "footing" and "foundation" for a element designed with
2500 or 3000 psi concrete is very sad to me.

Acie Chance

OK attack