Bay Bridge related info from Astaneh

Dear Friend:
If you are not interested in Bay bridge or my work on it, please discontinue reading this e-mail, press the Delete button and move on. If you are interested, I have placed today some correspondence on my web site: www.astaneh.net. If you have any comments, please send your comments to me directly to astaneh(--nospam--at)ce.berkeley.edu as so many of you so kindly had done since last week. I have responded to all now and would once again express my appreciation for your time and kindness in offering me your thoughts.

As many of us here in California, who have been involved deeply with the Bay Bridge, are trying to contribute to the solution of the current Bay bridge problem, I turn to this very important list server, with so many highly qualified structural engineers on the list, for help and comments specially the critical comments that are questioning or criticizing what I am doing. Over the years, I have learned immensely from this list and would like to continue to do so.  The only request I have is that, please do not take the time of others by sending your comments to the SEAINT who may not be interested in this item at all.

Finally, please keep in mind that in sending your comments to this list server, you are not standing at your water cooler in your office and talking to your friends. Your comments on this list are posted on the Internet presumably for ever and can be read by all throughout the world. Your comments, specially if they are personal, unprofessional, hateful or otherwise violates any law or the provisions of the NSPE Code of Ethics for Engineers, can be used against you to remedy the harm that such comments had caused to individuals that you have harmed as well as the profession.

As always, best wishes to all.
Hassan

Abolhassan Astaneh-Asl, Ph.D., P.E., Professor
Web: www.ce.berkeley.edu/~astaneh
Department of Civil and Env. Engineering
781 Davis Hall, University of California, Berkeley, CA 94720-1710, USA
Campus Phone: (510) 642-4528, Home Office: (925) 946-0903,