RE: Galvanized aluminum?

Is this being confused with anodized aluminum?

-----Original Message-----
From: Jim Wilson [mailto:wilsonengineers(--nospam--at)yahoo.com]
Sent: Monday, February 21, 2005 11:38 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Galvanized aluminum?

A local builder just tried to tell me that his masonry
basement walls might have galvanized aluminum
reinforcing in them.  I told him that didn't make
sense and it certainly wouldn't be appropriate for
reinforcing a masonry wall, even if it did exist.

So I did a google search and the term does exist in
the curtain wall industry, although I didn't find
anything to tell me what it really is.  Is this a real
product or is it one of those trade phrases that
really means something else?

Really curious,
Jim Wilson, PE
Stroudsburg, PA