Few Good Structural Engineers

 A scene from "A Few Good Structural Engineers"

 Engineer: (Jack Nickelson): You want answers?

 Architect: (Tom Cruise): I think I'm entitled to them.

 Engineer: You want answers?

 Architect: I want the truth!!

 Engineer : You can't handle the truth! Son, we live in a world
that has FLOORS. And those FLOORS have to be SUPPORTED BY COLUMNS.
Who's gonna DESIGN THEM? You? You, MR. ARCHITECT? I have a greater
responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for LOST FLOOR
SPACE and you curse the COLUMNS. You have that luxury. You have the
luxury of not knowing what I know: that THOSE COLUMNS, while tragic,
probably saved lives. And my existence, while grotesque and
incomprehensible to you, saves lives...You don't want the truth.
Because deep down, in places you don't talk about at parties, you want
me on that DESIGN TEAM. You need me on that DESIGN TEAM. We use words
like DESIGN, code, ANALYSIS...we use these words as the backbone to a
life spent SUPPORTING something. You use 'em as a punchline. I have
neither the time nor the inclination to explain my DESIGN to a man who
rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very STRUCTURES I provide,
then
questions the manner in which I provide it! I'd rather you just said
thank you and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a
STEEL MANUAL and DESIGN a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what
you think you're entitled to!

 Architect : Did you SCHEDULE THE COLUMNS?

 Engineer : (quietly) I did the job you HIRED me to do.

 Architect : Did you SCHEDULE THE COLUMNS?!!

 Engineer : You're goddamn right I did!!