Re: Looking for Structural failure pictures

On 19 Feb 2005, at 8:53, Gary Hodgson & Associates wrote:

> LLoyd,
> I went to a seminar a few years ago, sponsored by the
> Ontario Ministry of Labour, about industrial and const-
> ruction safety.  I asked why the results of their
> findings and court cases are not published so that we
> could learn from other's mistakes.  The answer was that
> they are afraid of being sued.  Maybe some others have
> the same reason.
> Gary

I wondered about this.  I wondered if there was a risk of
engineers on this site being sued over sharing information
like this.  If this work were to be published on the internet,
then it seems that permission from those parties invovled
must be obtained or we may all (those invovled) run the risk
of a law suit for disclosure of information that may be deemed
damaging to a business.

Thank you for your help and input.

Take care,
Lloyd Pack, P.E.