From: "Bill Polhemus" <bill(--nospam--at)polhemus.cc>
To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
Sent: Monday, February 21, 2005 04:23 PM
Subject: WIND: Storm Track Probabilities

Has anyone got any ideas for me as to where I might go to find the
probability of a major cyclonic storm striking, say, within a given
distance (50 miles? 100 miles?) of a location on the Gulf Coast? Is this
the kind of thing that the insurance industry might have somewhere?

I have looked in vain on the NOAA site--lots in very interesting
information including a massive update of their historical storm data
from the last hundred and fifty years and more that could unlimately
have an impact on the building codes--but nothing like what I'm looking for.

Really, I'm trying to find out "storm surge" probabilities.

Any ideas anyone could give would be great.