Re: OT: Digital Camera

You may also enjoy the reviews and operation tips at the following web sites:

http://www.dcresource.com/
http://www.imaging-resource.com/

They were very useful in helping me select my Fuji E550 from a few weeks ago.  Although many reviews consider anything over 3-4 MP to be excessive for most uses, I agree with what you are saying about capturing fine details.  I sometimes notice small details in my pictures that I didn't notice in person.  That hasn't been crucial for a job yet, but it is nice to have just in case.

Paul Crocker, PE, SE