Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
RE: spatial steel roof - seismic[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: RE: spatial steel roof - seismic
- From: "Eli Grassley" <elig(--nospam--at)psm-engineers.com>
- Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 11:54:28 -0800
Read UBC section 1630.4 – Combinations of Structural Systems
The easiest thing to do would be to design the whole structure for the lowest R value…which would be 3.5 if you are using Ordinary Reinforced Concrete Moment Frame.
I am working on the design of a two-storey building in accordance with the UBC 97 code. The lower part of the building is RC moment resisting frame type. The upper part includes inclined tree branches of tubular steel columns, roof barrels and trusses etc.
1. Is there a publication specific to similar structures (spatial steel roof systems) for seismic analysis and design?
2. What are the UBC code seismic requirements such as structural response parameter R, overstrength factor, etc. for the upper structure. Any specific requirements for similar (mixed) buildings ?
Thanks in advance for any contributions.
- Prev by Subject: spatial steel roof - seismic
- Next by Subject: Specifying CMU block weights
- Previous by thread: spatial steel roof - seismic
- Next by thread: scuppers