Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: Architect changed engineer's plan[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: smith1129(--nospam--at)charter.net, seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: Re: Architect changed engineer's plan
- From: Rhkratzse(--nospam--at)aol.com
- Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 16:09:32 EST
A very long time ago, in a galaxy far from our own, I heard about an architect who changed the snow live load on the engineer's plans for a school from the 20 psf or so the building was designed for, to 80 psf--and the building was built. When it failed I believe the architect went to jail.
The same architect reportedly got school system jobs by giving the school board members shotguns. :)
In a message dated 2/22/05 12:50:42 PM, smith1129(--nospam--at)charter.net writes:
Anyone experience having the architect change your drawings without notifying you?
- Prev by Subject: RE: Architect changed engineer's plan
- Next by Subject: Architect's Certification
- Previous by thread: Re: Architect changed engineer's plan
- Next by thread: structural fee for apartment