Re: Architect changed engineer's plan

A very long time ago, in a galaxy far from our own, I heard about an architect who changed the snow live load on the engineer's plans for a school from the 20 psf or so the building was designed for, to 80 psf--and the building was built.  When it failed I believe the architect went to jail.

The same architect reportedly got school system jobs by giving the school board members shotguns.   :)

Ralph