Re: Digital Camera

Garner, Robert wrote:

Thank you, Dennis,

Our office was considering an upgrade to our company camera and your e-mail
was most timely.

Bob Garner, S.E.

As a quick follow-up, I went out today to a job site where the framer gutted the interior of a condo that is under remodel. The framing had changed over the years and there were no decent records to show how load transfers were done. I had this new little camera in my hand and while I would have loved to use it in manual mode, I did not know enough about it yet to play with the features. I simply put it on point and shoot and went at it. I took more than 80 pictures and the battery did not even show that I had used any power. The photo's were 7.1 Mega pixels and the flash was set to auto adjustment. I stuck the camera into some dark places in the attic and it came back with a beautifully balanced picture showing me exactly what I wanted to know. Last night, I took a photo of a mirror in our bedroom that had a reflection of our television which was showing a DVD (Van Helsing) that I was watching. Not only was the mirror picked up beautifully, but I could see the character on the TV and zooming into the photo could see every strand of hair on his head. This is tremendous as now I have more ability to record what I might not have thought about on the site, but was captured in my photo if I blow it up or look closely.

I do recommend the Casio Exilim Pro P-700 and the best price was from http://www.buydig.com (although I suggest you call them rather than use their website to purchase since I had some trouble).

Regards,
Dennis

P.S. I took some shots of the rain in the Santa Rosa mountains surrounding the area I live in (La Quinta California) and the low hanging clouds around the mountain peak. This is unusual as this is the worst year for rain than I ever witnessed, but this also means that the California Poppies will be blooming all over the desert in a few weeks. The pictures were tremendous.

--

*Dennis S. Wish, PE*
*California Professional Engineer

dennis.wish(--nospam--at)verizon.net*
*
760.564.0884 (office - fax)
*

   */This e-mail is intended to be delivered only to the named
   addressee(s) and may contain information that is confidential and
   proprietary. If this information is received by anyone other than
   the named addressee(s), the recipient(s) should immediately notify
   the sender by e-mail and promptly delete the transmitted material
   from your computer and server. In no event shall this material be
   read, used, stored, or retained by anyone other than the named
   addressee(s) without the express written consent of the sender or
   the named addressee(s)./*