RE: structural fee for apartment

Or you could charge $10k, then sub it out to an engineer in Texas for $250
plus mileage, and pocket the difference.

But the mileage driving from TX to CA for pre-design and construction site
inspections could be pretty significant.  And you might loose the entire fee
on that stopover in Vegas.

:)

Jason