Re: structural fee for apartment

Have you inquired with your insurance carrier (or another one, if you have CNA) about getting a high-limit (or no limit) policy for this building alone? I have not gotten a policy like this myself, but have known some companies which were required to obtain them for certain projects (geotechnical engr on Virginia Tech's new Alumni Center comes to mind). You might see if you can get this and add your normal fee onto the insurance cost. Any multi-family dwelling is dangerous territory when it comes to likely claims - moreso if the builder/developer is a "one project" corporation.

Be afraid. Be very afraid. And price accordingly.

Jordan