Re: Digital Camera

Despite one or two some pretty sill oversights in the Canon G6, I find the flip-out LCD viewfinder to be invaluable in these type of situations. It will swivel 180 degrees in one axis and 270 in a second axis. Between that and a decent flashlight, I can frame pics in pitch black areas that I can't physically get to, including overhead joist bays, inaccessible crawl/attic spaces, and the like. Each time I get a new camera (this is only the second, but still) I'm amazed how I lived without it.

For hard copies, I got a Minolta color laser printer a year ago. It's faster than inkjet, prints are waterfast, and it was $25 after three rebates, so how could I refuse? Now I run 2 or 4 pics per page for all the shots on a site visit with XPs embeded viewer, and label them up while I write my reports. Then my assistant places & crops the images into the report (I have yet to find a way to automate the scaling process in word).

Jordan