From: Christopher Haffner [mailto:chaffner(--nospam--at)gorge.net]
Sent: Wednesday, February 23, 2005 5:35 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: 5/8" Anchor Bolts

I have a residential job where the installed anchor bolts (for sill plate
anchorage) are 9/16" diameter at the shank but 5/8" diameter at the threads.
A standard 5/8" nut fits on the bolts.  Bolts with "rolled threads" I guess
they call them (in lieu of cut threads).  AISC A307 - 5/8" diameter bolts
were specified.

Are these anchor bolts acceptable as a 5/8" diameter anchor bolt?  I say no
but am interested in what you guys have to say.

Chris
Haffner Consulting Engineering
541-478-3052