Re: 5/8" Anchor Bolts

I don't know the ratio of shank diameter to the
nominal size of a bolt, if at all there is such a
ratio. However, it seems to me that the 5/8"
designation for the bolt is acceptable.

The tensile stress area of the 5/8" bolt is less than
the area of a solid 9/16" diameter material. So, if
the design was based on 5/8" dia bolt, the tension
capacity of the 9/16" dia shank will be more than the
capacity of the threaded portion.

Rajendran