Re: structural fee for apartment

You will need to consider the amount of effort required.  A complex building may take you 2 or 3 times as long to design as a simple one.  I have worked on several projects where the 25% of the building that consisted of special and unusal conditions took longer to design than the other 75%.  Square footage is a decent starting point, but it is only a part of the story.

Paul Crocker, PE, SE

>>> <dnae(--nospam--at)cox.net> 02/22/05 04:30PM >>>
Hi
Just wonder how much fee for apartment building about
20,000 sq. feet
it is one building and 5 different plans
what I have to worry about insurance
what I have to consider in my fee
thanks
Dave A., P.E.