RE: OUT ON A LIMB: Showing Sample Documents on My Company Website

At 01:35 PM 2/24/2005 -0600, you wrote:
§137.61 Engineers Shall Maintain Confidentiality of Clients

(a) The engineer may reveal confidences and private information only with a fully informed client's or employer's consent, or when required by law or court order; or when those confidences, if left undisclosed, would constitute a threat to the health, safety or welfare of the public.

(b) The engineer shall not use a confidence or private information regarding a client or employer to the disadvantage of such client or employer or for the advantage of a third party.

(c) The engineer shall exercise reasonable care to prevent unauthorized disclosure or use of private information or confidences concerning a client or employer by the engineer's employees and associates.

Stan,

That's interesting. I'm actually not sure if the VA (or WV, TN, MD, or NC) code is as restrictive, but I have language that goes on both my reports, drawings, and in my contracts which explicitly allows reuse of any information for any purpose I deem useful to me (not those exact words, mind you), including marketing.

Jordan