RE: structural fee for apartment

One of the fundamental lessons of structural engineering practice is
that:

THERE WILL ALWAYS BE SOMEONE ELSE OFFERING A LOWER FEE.

Cut your price in half, and somebody will be lower.  Cut it again, and
someone else will still be lower.  Clients that select engineers based
solely on price are (almost always) lousy clients.  Engineers that seek
business based on the price of their services are doomed to a life of
frustration.  My solution, and that of many others, is to seek business
based on the value of the services that can be provided.  In other
words, qualification based selection.  This approach is not limited to
"big" firms.  Even sole proprietors can move beyond price competition if
they are clever enough to develop a niche, or specialty, that
differentiates them from the masses.

Best regards,

Stan R. Caldwell, P.E.
Dallas, Texas

Did you hear about the man said his credit card
was stolen but he decided not to report it because
the thief was spending less than his wife did?