Steel beam unbraced length limit

I have designed steel beams with unbraced lengths up to 20 ft before (above "Lr" value). I have had other engineers tell me they won't design for an unbraced length this high even if it works by AISC equations, I guess due to their fear of fabrication and erection influences on the beam and this being magnified by a larger unbraced length. Isn't this already accounted for in the AISC equations? Any thoughts?

Will Haynes