O.T. Digital Photos and free Picasa2

Recently Google purchased a piece of software that searches your hard drives for almost every digital format picture as well as mp3 and mpeg and avi (and other media). It shows you the thumbprint and organizes the folders and pictures by a timeline. You can move pictures (I found a lot of jobs that I shot pictures of back a few years that were still on my harddrive including my "Hall of Shame" for conventional construction errors) to other locations and also alter them to get rid of red eye, lighten them, modify colors as much as you can do with ACDSee or Photoshop - AND IT IS FREE. Google is giving this away and I installed it last night - WOW!

Go to www.picasa.org to download the free version. It is more powerful than most of you might think at first glance and has taken the place of any other program I use to organize my photo's.
http://www.picasa.com/download/index.php for the download.

This is a nice surprise for us Digital Geeks 8-)
--

Dennis S. Wish, PE
California Professional Engineer

dennis.wish(--nospam--at)verizon.net