Re: OUT ON A LIMB: Showing Sample Documents on My Company Website

Dennis S. Wish, PE wrote:

Caldwell, Stan wrote:

Bill:

Here I go again, quoting from the rules that govern the practice of engineering in Texas and trying to keep you out of trouble. Copied below is the section that covers the relationship between engineers and their clients. Most people would consider drawings, specifications and reports that were prepared for a client (and paid for by that client) to be private information, regardless of who "owns" the documents. Accordingly, posting any of these documents on your website is not a good idea.

Frack! (Battlestar Galactica fans) - you mean to tell me that I finally agree with Stan Caldwell about something. Thanks "Big Honcho" - your professional pracitce codes are aligned with ours in California.

Haven't you guys noticed? You ALWAYS agree with each other when you DISAGREE with me!

[O.T. N.B.: I sorta-kinda liked the new Galactica, but cannot get used to a female "Starbuck" who has the hots for "Apollo." Though changing those smarmy names to "call signs" was a stroke of genius!]