Sent: Thursday, February 24, 2005 8:32 AM
Subject: RE: Digital Camera

One problem I have had using a digital camera in an litigation-type discussion is the date of the photos, specifically being able to prove the date the photos were taken.

With print photos,  you get the date they were developed on the back and that is usually accepted as true.

However, with digital photos,  you can set the date on your camera,  and thus the photos are date-stamped whatever you want.  You need to have some other way of substantiating the date.

I've printed digital photos a couple of times at camera stores, but they don't seem to date stamp them.

Gail Kelley

*   http://www.seaint.org/sealist1.asp
*   site at: http://www.seaint.org