From: vicpeng [mailto:vicpeng(--nospam--at)telus.net]
Sent: Friday, February 25, 2005 10:40 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: New Motherboard

Thanks for the prompt replies.

1)    I have searched for updates, but there was nothing that applied to PE4 (that I recognized).

2)    I'm operating under W2K.  How do I check whether I have sufficient API's?  Is it simply an update to windows, where missing?  I have updated windows since my upgrade.  Also the problem has occurred only after a hardware change, not the OS.  I'm not sure that the ODBC is at fault, because all other applications are running fine.  If it is, how do I check if it is corrupt?

FWIW, I found this statement.  "The goal of ODBC is to make it possible to access any data from any application, regardless of which database management system (DBMS) is handling the data. ODBC manages this by inserting a middle layer, called a database driver , between an application and the DBMS. The purpose of this layer is to translate the application's data queries into commands that the DBMS understands. For this to work, both the application and the DBMS must be ODBC-compliant -- that is, the application must be capable of issuing ODBC commands and the DBMS must be capable of responding to them. Since version 2.0, the standard supports SAG SQL."

Thor