Re: New Motherboard

Rich Lewis wrote:

Bill,

I'm not sure how you can say this is not that big of a deal.  Reloading
all my software takes too much time.  I had to nuke my hard drive over
Christmas holiday and by the time I loaded OS, software, drivers, etc. I
probably threw away 6-8 hrs of billable time.  Do you know some secret
fast way?  What's this "Save Program Options" you mention?

Rich Lewis

Rich,
I spent the same amount of time (and more money) purchasing a registry cleaner, Webroot Spy Sweeper, Zone Alarm and Diskkeeper 9. - all of this to clean out the system of software that slows down your system in time by loading programs that we are unaware of and which may not be working to your advantage. I could have saved over $150.00 in the cost of the software simply by reinstalling the operating system and all other programs.There is going to be some down time, but as I tell clients who spend so much per year to maintain their buildings - it is a maintenaince cost of doing business. I'm not sure about you, but I will never be able to bill a full 40-hour plus week since my fee's takes into consideration that I'll be lucky if I get over 20 hours of productivity while the other 20-hours is dealing with potential clients, equipment maintenence (most of this is done by software while I sleep), telephone calls, paying some bills - all of the unproductive time that most of us in a Small Office / Home Office (SOHO). If you have others to do this work - you are still paying them to do the work that you consider to be unproductive.
So as Monk would say "suck it up" and reload the operating system :-)

Dennis
--

*Dennis S. Wish, PE*
*California Professional Engineer

dennis.wish(--nospam--at)verizon.net*
*
760.564.0884 (office - fax)
*

   */This e-mail is intended to be delivered only to the named
   addressee(s) and may contain information that is confidential and
   proprietary. If this information is received by anyone other than
   the named addressee(s), the recipient(s) should immediately notify
   the sender by e-mail and promptly delete the transmitted material
   from your computer and server. In no event shall this material be
   read, used, stored, or retained by anyone other than the named
   addressee(s) without the express written consent of the sender or
   the named addressee(s)./*