Re: New Motherboard

> I must admit ignorance of W2K - I thought it was an NT based OS which is also
> true of XP. However, I understood that W2k is more of a network operating
> system tool. Assuming it is similar to XP or NT then the reinstallaion will
> help.

Dennis -

Win2k is/was NT5.  WinXP Pro was NT6 (sorta) with some of the Win9x/ME
flavor thrown in to create a more "user friendly" front end to the
NT-style back end.  This of course also led to the much maligned (IMHO
well-deserved) WinXP Home, the bastard child of NT and ME.  "Users can't
handle having to log in a Administrator to install programs."  Yeah,
right.

Win2k was the first pass at relieving NT 4 of its "unpleasant
task" list (e.g. installing new devices.  It added UPnP and a couple
of other usability features to make administration easier than
it was under NT4.  I personally prefer it to XP Pro based only on
my experience with the former and lack of such with the latter.

Charley