From: Dennis S. Wish, PE [mailto:dennis.wish(--nospam--at)verizon.net]
Sent: Saturday, February 26, 2005 1:01 PM
To: SEAINT Listservice
Subject: Embedding pictures into Reports

We just had a discussion regarding digital camera's and most of us are
shooting pictures that take up over 2-4Mb per shot. If I want to copy and
paste a shot into a Word report (or other OLE based program) which will give
me the best picture and how do I reduce the resolution and size of the
embedded picture.
Here is what I know of Digital world. Resolution such as 7 mega pixel
relates to the size of the picture taken. In general a 7 mega pixel
resolution is something around 3072x2304 which is equivalent to an 8x10
picture. When saved, the file size is nearly 3 Megabytes which would create
a report full of pictures that is extremely large.

If I reduce the picture by a copy and paste, am I reducing the size of the
information embedded into the report without losing sharpness or focus?

How do you best use these pictures (assuming a normal setting is still close
to this size) for use in reports or to help the plan checker understand the
deficiencies on a remodel you are doing?

Any help?
Thanks
Dennis
--

*Dennis S. Wish, PE*
*California Professional Engineer

dennis.wish(--nospam--at)verizon.net*
*
760.564.0884 (office - fax)
*

    */This e-mail is intended to be delivered only to the named
    addressee(s) and may contain information that is confidential and
    proprietary. If this information is received by anyone other than
    the named addressee(s), the recipient(s) should immediately notify
    the sender by e-mail and promptly delete the transmitted material
    from your computer and server. In no event shall this material be
    read, used, stored, or retained by anyone other than the named
    addressee(s) without the express written consent of the sender or
    the named addressee(s)./*