From: dparker10(--nospam--at)austin.rr.com [mailto:dparker10(--nospam--at)austin.rr.com]
Sent: Monday, February 28, 2005 11:29 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Student Project - Bridge Questions

The daughter of an aquaintance of a client that I have done some work for,
has been requested to contact structural engineers regarding suspension
bridges for a school project.  Unfortunately, I do not deal with bridges,
but I told them that I would help her find some answers.

Any comments/opinions on the following list of questions would be beneficial
to her.

Thank you in advance.

1. How do suspension bridges allow you to build longer bridges?

2. Are suspension bridges harder to design than other types? If so why?

3. How do towers and cable bridges support the weight of traffic?

4. Where do you see the future of suspension bridge design?

5. What are some of the priciple of geometry used in bridge design?

6. What would be the strongest design for a spagetti noodle bridge?

Respond to the list, or privately to me, if you wish.

Thank you,
Doug