From: Rand Holtham, P.E. [mailto:rand(--nospam--at)sigmaengineers.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 01, 2005 10:10 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Metal Stud Design Spreadsheet

List,

Is anyone aware of a simple spreadsheet program out there that performs
the
bending calculations for metal studs that are not continuous braced as
well
as web crippling. Unimast used to send me a design that calc'd the req'd

bracing and web crippling perameters now Dietrich has taken them over
and
can provide no such service. I will have to set up a spreadsheet to
perform
the AISI calcs but considering the number of variable in the moment
capacity
equation that may take a bunch of time that I don't have  so I wanted to
see
of there was somthing out there that someone has already done. Or did I
talk
to the wrong person at Dietrich?

Thanks in advance,

Rand