Re: Metal Stud Design Spreadsheet

There's no such thing as a "simple" metal stud spreadsheet.  The one I wrote ended up several pages long with lots of really long equations.  Fun stuff.

Mark Pemberton, S.E.
Pemberton Engineering
Davis, CA

"Rand Holtham, P.E." <rand(--nospam--at)sigmaengineers.com> wrote:
List,

Is anyone aware of a simple spreadsheet program out there that performs the
bending calculations for metal studs that are not continuous braced as well
as web crippling. Unimast used to send me a design that calc'd the req'd
bracing and web crippling perameters now Dietrich has taken them over and
can provide no such service. I will have to set up a spreadsheet to perform
the AISI calcs but considering the number of variable in the moment capacity
equation that may take a bunch of time that I don't have so I wanted to see
of there was somthing out there that someone has already done. Or did I talk
to the wrong person at Dietrich?

Thanks in advance,

Rand

* http://www.seaint.org/sealist1.asp