RE: Embedding pictures into Reports

You can effectively compress a picture down to 200dpi
directly in Word.  Saves the trouble of opening other
software and saving additional picture files before
pasting them into Word.

After pasting a picture (of any size) select format
picture and then click on the picture tab.  There
should be a compress button on the bottom of the box
that will give you some options to reduce the picture.
 I haven't noticed any difference in viewing or
printing after starting with very sharp 1meg picture
files.

I usually do all of the compressing after the whole
document is done.  That way I have a full-detail
version I can really zoom in on later if need be.

- Sorry if this was already mentioned, I deleted some
of this thread before reading it...

Jim Wilson
Stroudsburg, PA