RE: Embedding pictures into Reports

A 2 megapixel resolution is good for 8x10 size print without loss in
image quality.  Most of the prints I make or put in reports are max 4x6.
 FWIW, I think unless you plan to make very large prints, buying a
camera with more than 3 megapixel is money down the drain.  What is
important in a digital camera, for me anyway, is the optical zoom and
focal length of the lens - a wide angle comes handy at building sites;
however, not too many digital cameras come with wide angle lens.

Gautam

>>> davemaynard(--nospam--at)ceincorp.com 2/28/2005 8:49:59 AM >>>
The digital camera that we have here in the office has three settings
for
image resolution.  Obviously, they are referred to as "low," "medium,"
and
"high."  Typically, for the work we do here, we use "medium"
resolution.
The photos stay in the realms of 1 to 2 megs.  I have included these
into
Word documents all of the time using "Insert-Image-From File" commands
on
the "Insert" drop down.  Now this is also on Word '97 (I've been
talking
with the boss to get this updated).  Anyhow, I have had no problems
with
that.  I also Crop and Resize within Word using the "Format Picture"
command
within.  I never use Cut-Paste command for this as many times the
image
volumn gets very big and blown way out of proportion to what's really
there.

My question is, do you really that high of resolution for your
photos???
I'm not saying that you should use low resolution, but it might be
worth
checking out what medium resolution gives you.  You might be able to
save a
little space there.

Just a couple of thoughts.

Dave Maynard, PE